Irocit is a nutritional supplement that contains iron, folic acid, and zinc taken orally and used to treat iron, folic acid, and zinc deficiency.
It contains ferrous ascorbate (iron), folic acid, and zinc sulfate monohydrate.
It is used to prevent iron deficiency, mainly when a poor diet necessitates supplemental zinc and iron during pregnancy and anemia.
Irocit tablet’s components serve various functions in the body.
• When given, ferrous ascorbate is transformed to ferric form and rapidly reduced to a ferrous state in the stomach. This reduced ferrous form is subsequently sent to the duodenum, where it is readily absorbed. Ferrous Ascorbate has the benefit of containing both ferrous ion and ascorbate. Because of the stable iron-ascorbate chelate, there is no dissociation when entering the GI tract. Folic acid is biochemically inert until it is transformed by dihydrofolate reductase in the liver to tetrahydrofolic acid and methyltetrahydrofolate. These folic acid congeners are carried through cells via receptor-mediated endocytosis and are required for various physiological activities.
• Folic acid promotes chemical processes that aid in creating red blood cells, the generation of DNA required for cell replication, and the digestion of amino acids (compounds necessary for the manufacture of proteins).
• Zinc is required for various physiological activities, including the movement of several enzymes in the body. Deficiency may cause poor night vision, slow wound healing, poor sexual development and function in males, poor appetite (perhaps due to a loss in taste and smell), a decreased capacity to fight infections, diarrhea, dermatitis, and infants, slowed growth.
Dosage Of Irocit
Adults and the elderly: Take one tablet before or after a meal (independent food absorption) or as prescribed by a physician. In more challenging situations, the physician may prescribe two pills each day. There is no evidence of safety or efficacy in pediatric patients.
Iron, folic acid, and zinc supplementation have minor and transitory side effects. These include epigastric discomfort, nausea, constipation, vomiting, diarrhea, heartburn, and other symptoms. Folic acid allergy has been documented after both oral and parenteral treatment.
Patients at risk of iron excesses, such as hemochromatosis, hemolytic anemia, or red cell aplasia, should be monitored closely. Failure to react to therapy may suggest additional causes of anemia, which should be examined further.
Tetracycline chelates iron. This product should not be used within two hours of another because oral iron supplements interact with the absorption of oral tetracycline antibiotics. Taking with meals may help to reduce occasional stomach discomfort. Concurrent dosing of penicillamine and antacid may reduce iron absorption. Zinc buildup may occur in people with renal failure.
Use During Pregnancy And Breastfeeding
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or are already breastfeeding, please see your doctor before taking or continuing the medication. Administration during the first trimester of pregnancy should be avoided unless there is clear evidence of an iron shortage. Iron deficiency prophylaxis is indicated for the rest of pregnancy, mainly when zinc supplementation is necessary.
It is contraindicated in individuals with hemolytic anemia and situations characterized by enhanced hypersensitivity to any of its components and a high iron level.
Acute iron overdosage may have a variety of clinical outcomes. Abdominal discomfort, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, tarry stools, melena, hematemesis, hypotension, tachycardia, metabolic acidosis, hyperglycemia, dehydration, sleepiness, pallor, cyanosis, lassitude, convulsions, shock, and coma are some of the first symptoms.
Conditions For Storage
Keep calm and dry, away from direct sunlight. Keep out of children’s reach.
Irocit Tab 10’S
Irocit Tab 10’S provides vitamin B9 (Folic acid) and iron, two essential components for the body’s optimum health.
Ingredients And Advantages
Vitamin B9, also known as folic acid, is an essential vitamin that aids in the production of DNA and amino acids. It is required for cell division and the formation of blood cells. It is necessary to develop the developing baby’s brain and spinal cord, and a shortage of it during pregnancy may result in birth abnormalities.
Iron is a necessary mineral for the body. It is required to produce hemoglobin (Hb) (present in red blood cells). Hb transports oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body. It is also a component of myoglobin, which transports oxygen to muscles. It is essential for immunity, the synthesis of certain hormones, and regulating body temperature.
Irocit Tab 10’s Applications
To treat and prevent iron and folic acid deficiency, often known as anemia, characterized by weakness, tiredness, trouble breathing, headache, irritability, and difficulty concentrating.
As a supplement to avoid nutritional shortage during pregnancy, after surgery, or in cases of nutritional malabsorption.
Irocit Tab 10 Precautions And Warnings
Consult your doctor
• If you have a pre-existing medical condition such as diabetes, hypertension, renal or liver disease, etc.
• If you are using any additional drugs, supplements, or complementary or integrative health practices.
• You should not use this product if you are allergic to its ingredients.
• If you have any upcoming surgeries or operations. You may be requested to discontinue the use of these products at least 2-3 weeks before the surgery.
• Dietary supplements are designed to complement certain people’s diets and should not be used in place of a well-balanced, diverse diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Irocit Tab 10’s Use Instructions
• Take this supplement as directed by your doctor, preferably one hour before a meal.
• Avoid drinking tea or coffee while taking this supplement.
• You should not use more dietary supplements than the suggested daily dosage.
• Irocit Tab 10 storage and disposal
• Should be kept in a cool, dry area.
• Keep it out of children’s reach.
What Food Is Rich In Folic Acid And Iron?
Dark-green leafy vegetables, such as watercress and curly kale, iron-fortified cereals or bread, brown rice, lentils, beans, nuts, seeds, white and red meat, fish, and tofu are high in folic acid and zinc.
Orange sliced pieces, leaves, and a knife on the table.
What Is The Benefits Of Iron And Folic Acid?
It’s used to treat or prevent iron deficiency in the body. It is used to address a lack of folate. It is used to promote growth and wellness. It might be given to you for a variety of reasons.
Does Folic Acid Increase Iron Levels?
Iron levels were measured in the serum, liver, spleen, pancreas, heart, and kidneys. After 10 and 21 days of supplementation, folic acid treatment substantially reduced iron concentrations in the pancreas and spleen compared to the D group.
How to store Irocit Tab
To properly store Irocit Tab, follow these steps:
1. Keep them in their original container: The original container protects the supplements from moisture, light, and air.
2. Store in a cool, dry place: Heat and humidity can degrade the potency of Irocit Tab. Therefore, it’s important to keep them in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
3. Keep the container tightly closed: Make sure the container is tightly closed to prevent moisture from getting inside.
4. Keep them away from children: Irocit Tab can be dangerous if taken in large doses by children. Therefore, store them in a place where children cannot reach them.
5. Do not store them in the bathroom: The bathroom can be a humid environment, which can cause iron supplements like Irocit Tab to degrade quickly.
By following these simple steps, you can ensure that your Irocit Tab remains potent and effective for the duration of its shelf life.