What is a pressed pill?
Pressed pills are mostly counterfeit pills molded to look like the real deal. According to the DEA, counterfeit pills are fake medications that have different ingredients than the actual medication. They may contain no active ingredient, the wrong active ingredient, or have the right ingredient but in an incorrect quantity. Counterfeit pills may contain lethal amounts of fentanyl or methamphetamine and are extremely dangerous because they often appear identical to legitimate prescription pills, and the user is likely unaware of how lethal they can be.
What is R039?
The yellow R 0 3 9 rectangle pill has been identified as a brand of Alprazolam 2 mg supplied by Actavis. Alprazolam is used in the treatment of anxiety; panic disorder and belongs to the drug class benzodiazepines.
Many of the R 0 3 9 pills on the street are pressed pills laced with fentanyl produced in the U.S. by Mexican and domestic drug trafficking organizations operating in the U.S. They produce counterfeit pills with pre-made chemicals and drugs from China and/or Mexico. They are usually produced in substandard conditions, labeled incorrectly, and may include dangerous unapproved substances.
There are no quality control mechanisms in the illicit labs producing counterfeit R039 pills to ensure dosing is not lethal. Online sales via internet marketplaces and social media are the major sources for obtaining counterfeit R039 pills. A significant number of high school and college students purchase them from dark web drug markets and/or through social media referrals, which market deadly versions of these drugs tainted with fentanyl and/or methamphetamine.
There is a nationwide surge in counterfeit pills which is killing unsuspecting Americans at an unprecedented rate. More than 9.5 million counterfeit pills were seized so far this year, which is more than the last two years combined. DEA laboratory testing reveals a dramatic rise in the number of counterfeit pills containing at least two milligrams of fentanyl, which is considered a lethal dose. A deadly dose of fentanyl is small enough to fit on the tip of a pencil.
R039 Pill Press Vs Real R039 Pill
According to the World Health Organization, counterfeit products are by their very nature difficult to detect. Fake R039 bars are often designed to appear identical to the genuine product produced by Actavis and may not cause an obvious adverse reaction, however, they often will fail to properly treat the disease or condition for which they were intended, and can lead to serious health consequences including death.
The deadly consequences of using counterfeit medicine are well understood to be a challenge to the integrity of public health systems around the globe, and also a threat to our individual health and welfare. The issue of fake drugs has persisted despite all efforts by regulatory bodies towards compliance with standards.
As a consumer, you may not have access to most of the test equipment used by regulatory bodies to verify the identity of a drug product but the following tips will serve as a guide to purchasing genuine R039 pills:
- Place – Never buy from unknown websites or in a marketplace. Buy R039 pills only from licensed suppliers who display an authenticity certificate. If you are unsure about a supplier’s credentials, check the list of registered dispensaries at your local health regulatory body. This applies to suppliers both online and offline.
- Prescriptions – Only buy R039 pills that has been prescribed by your doctor or healthcare professional. When buying online, make sure the website requires you to present a prescription for R039 pills. Do not buy from websites that offer prescriptions on the basis of questionnaires or do not have a contactable pharmacist.
- Promises – Be wary of pharmacies that offer “too good to be true” promises. False promises to watch out for “money-back guarantee”, “no risk” or “limited supply – buy in advance”.
- Price – Check the price of R039 pills against the standard price you usually buy or with reputable providers. If it is substantially cheaper, it is likely to be a fake.
- Privacy – When buying R039 pills, do not supply any financial information to a website, unless you are sure it has a secure online payment system. The trade in fake medical products has also been linked to credit card fraud and identity theft. Do not reveal any personal information beyond appropriate medical details.
- Product – Compare the R039 pill against your usual prescription. A medicine is fake if:
- It contains too much, too little or any different ingredients;
- Claims to have different properties or side-effects;
- Has a different shape, size, taste or color;
- Is not correctly labelled or not labelled at all;
- Has an out-of-date or missing expiry date;
- Does not contain information on how to store the medicine;
- The packaging looks poorly constructed or appears to have interfered with;
- There are spelling or grammatical errors on the packaging or instructions.
Fentanyl Test of R039 pill
Fentanyl testing is one of the most reliable ways of telling a fake from a real R039 yellow Xanax bar. A new University of Maryland study found fentanyl tops the list of drugs detected in overdose patients at two Baltimore hospital emergency departments. The finding suggests that hospitals and medical systems throughout the United States consider adding fentanyl, a potent synthetic opioid linked to most fatal overdoses in Maryland, to their routine drug testing panels. That is the conclusion of researchers at the University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (UMSOM) and the Center for Substance Abuse.