Overview: Anemia, a significant public health challenge, affects various demographic groups, including young children, pregnant and postpartum women, and menstruating adolescent girls. Globally, around 40% of children aged 6 to 59 months, 37% of expectant mothers, and 30% of women between 15 and 49 years suffer from anemia. Inherited types of anemia, characterized by genetic disorders affecting hemoglobin production, structure, or function, pose a lifelong challenge requiring comprehensive medical care.
DelveInsight Reports: DelveInsight’s recent epidemiology-based market reports focus on inherited anemias such as Sickle Cell Disease, Fanconi Anemia, and Diamond-Blackfan Anemia. These reports provide insights into treatment practices, emerging drugs, market share of individual therapies, and current/future market sizes from 2019 to 2032 in the United States, EU-4 (Italy, Spain, France, Germany), the United Kingdom, and Japan.
Sickle Cell Disease Market:
• SCD is a group of inherited conditions impacting hemoglobin structure, leading to chronic hemolytic disorder.
• DelveInsight’s analysis indicates ~105K prevalent cases of SCD in the US in 2022, projected to increase by 2032.
• Treatment involves pain alleviation, infection risk reduction, and complication management.
• FDA-approved drugs include hydroxyurea, ENDARI, ADAKVEO, and OXBRYTA.
• Emerging therapies like Exa-cel, Lovo-cel, GBT-601, Mitapivat, and others aim for holistic cures.
• The US market was ~USD 700 million in 2022, expected to grow by 2032.
Fanconi Anemia Market:
• Fanconi anemia disrupts bone marrow function, leading to blood cell deficiencies and an elevated cancer risk.
• DelveInsight estimates 6.7K diagnosed prevalent cases globally in 2021, with the US having the highest count.
• Treatment is tailored to individual symptoms, requiring a multidisciplinary medical team.
• The pipeline includes RP-L102 (lentiviral gene therapy) and FP-045.
• The market is predicted to increase from USD 45 million in 2021, with expected growth due to improved understanding, awareness, and research.
Diamond-Blackfan Anemia Market:
• DBA is a rare inherited blood disorder causing a severe shortage of red blood cells.
• Prevalence is around 5 to 7 cases per million live births.
• Treatment focuses on managing anemia through blood transfusions, corticosteroids, and, in some cases, stem cell transplantation.
• The market is expected to grow due to increased awareness, genetic research advancements, and regulatory incentives.
• Research initiatives and collaborations aim to develop novel therapies, including gene therapies and small molecules.
Other Trending Hematological Disorders Reports:
• Warm Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia Market
• Multiple Myeloma Market
• Hemophilia Market
• Beta-Thalassemia Market
• Cold Agglutinin Disease Market
About DelveInsight: DelveInsight is a healthcare-focused market research and consulting firm providing high-quality market intelligence and analysis. With expertise in life sciences and healthcare, they offer customized research solutions globally.