DelveInsight, a leading market intelligence and analytics firm, has unveiled its comprehensive report on the Cholangiocarcinoma market. This report provides valuable insights into current treatment practices, emerging drugs in the Cholangiocarcinoma landscape, market share of individual therapies, and current as well as projected market size from 2019 to 2032. The market is segmented into seven major markets (7MM), including the United States, the EU-4 (Italy, Spain, France, and Germany), the United Kingdom, and Japan.
Key Findings from DelveInsight’s Cholangiocarcinoma Market Report:
• Market Growth: The Cholangiocarcinoma market was valued at USD 786 million in 2021 within the 7MM. This market is anticipated to experience significant growth at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) during the forecast period, mainly driven by the expected launch of emerging therapies.
• Incident Cases: In 2022, out of the total diagnosed incident cases of Cholangiocarcinoma in the 7MM, approximately 8,560 cases were attributed to intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma, while around 9,460 cases were related to extrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma.
• Key Players: Leading companies in the Cholangiocarcinoma space, such as Merck KGaA, Eisai Inc., Janssen Research & Development, LLC, and others are actively involved in developing novel Cholangiocarcinoma drugs. These therapies are expected to become available in the Cholangiocarcinoma market in the coming years.
• Promising Therapies: Some key therapies for Cholangiocarcinoma treatment include KEYTRUDA (pembrolizumab), Tasurgratinib (E7090), TT-00420, LENVIMA (lenvatinib), Zanidatamab, and many others. The market report provides in-depth insights into which therapies are expected to dominate the Cholangiocarcinoma market.
Cholangiocarcinoma, often referred to as bile duct cancer, is a rare but aggressive form of cancer that originates in the bile ducts. These ducts serve to transport bile from the liver to the small intestine. The exact cause of Cholangiocarcinoma remains unclear, but various risk factors have been identified. Symptoms of Cholangiocarcinoma can be nonspecific, often leading to delayed diagnosis. Common symptoms include jaundice, abdominal pain, unexplained weight loss, itching, and pale-colored stools. These symptoms usually manifest when the tumor obstructs the bile ducts or advances to a later stage. Early-stage Cholangiocarcinoma may not display noticeable symptoms, making diagnosis challenging. Diagnosis typically involves a combination of imaging tests, blood tests, and sometimes tissue biopsy, with various imaging techniques such as CT scans, MRIs, and endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) helping visualize the bile ducts and identify abnormalities.
Cholangiocarcinoma Epidemiology Segmentation:
The epidemiology section of the Cholangiocarcinoma report offers insights into the historical and current patient pool of Cholangiocarcinoma and forecasts trends in the seven major countries. The report covers several epidemiological aspects:
• Total Cholangiocarcinoma Diagnosed Incidence Cases
• Cholangiocarcinoma Type-specific Cases
• Cholangiocarcinoma Age-specific Cases
• Cholangiocarcinoma Stage-specific Cases
• Cholangiocarcinoma Mutation-specific Cases
• Total Cholangiocarcinoma Treated Cases
|Coverage||7MM [The United States, the EU-4 (Germany, France, Italy, and Spain), the United Kingdom, and Japan]|
|Cholangiocarcinoma Market Size in 2021||USD 786 Million|
|Key Cholangiocarcinoma Companies||Merck KGaA, Eisai Inc., Janssen Research & Development, LLC, 3D Medicines, Basilea Pharmaceutica, Hutchison Medipharma Limited, Jiangsu HengRui Medicine, TransThera Sciences, RedHill Biopharma, Eli Lilly and Company, Elevation oncology, Senhwa Biosciences, InnoCare Pharma, Genoscience Pharma, Intensity therapeutics, Elucida Oncology, GlaxoSmithKline, Verismo Therapeutics, Sirnaomics, Toray Industries, Inc, Kinnate Biopharma, Boehringer Ingelheim, Wellmarker Bio, Arbele Limited, NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc., Elicio Therapeutics, Xencor, Inc., Celon Pharma SA, and others|
|Key Cholangiocarcinoma Therapies||KEYTRUDA (pembrolizumab), Tasurgratinib (E7090), TT-00420, LENVIMA (lenvatinib), Zanidatamab, Melphalan, Derazantinib, Imfinzi (durvalumab), TAS-120 (futibatinib), and others|
Cholangiocarcinoma Treatment Market:
The management of Cholangiocarcinoma is complex and typically requires a multidisciplinary approach. Factors such as the patient’s health status, comorbidities, and preferences, as well as disease-related factors like tumor stage and vascular involvement, influence the treatment plan. The availability of specialized expertise is also crucial, with higher-volume centers showing lower mortality rates for major liver resections.
Surgery remains a fundamental part of curative therapy for Cholangiocarcinoma, but the approach varies depending on the tumor’s primary location. Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma (iCCA) often involves the resection of affected liver segments or lobes, while distal Cholangiocarcinoma (dCCA) may necessitate pancreatoduodenectomy. Perihilar Cholangiocarcinoma (pCCA) may require resection of the intrahepatic and extrahepatic bile ducts, the gallbladder, associated liver tissue, and lymph nodes. The extent of resection for iCCA can include segmentectomy and preoperative portal vein embolization to facilitate contralateral liver lobe hypertrophy. For dCCA, resection usually involves pancreaticoduodenectomy with lymphadenectomy. The Cholangiocarcinoma market presents significant challenges and opportunities, both in terms of treatment and drug development.