The “Global Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing Market – Forecast to 2030” report, recently added to ResearchAndMarkets’s offerings, provides a comprehensive analysis of the pharmaceutical contract manufacturing (PCM) global market.
The market is projected to experience a mid single-digit Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) from 2023 to 2030, ultimately reaching an estimated value of $100,102.8 million by 2030.
Market Growth Factors
1. Rapid Industry Expansion: The global pharmaceutical market is witnessing rapid growth, driven by factors such as increased research and development, manufacturing advancements, and significant developments in formulation techniques.
2. Key Market Drivers:
• Rising global population.
• Increased prevalence of chronic diseases (e.g., infectious diseases, oncology, cardiovascular disorders).
• Substantial growth in healthcare spending.
• Surge in collaborations, mergers, and acquisitions within the pharmaceutical industry.
3. Role of Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs):
• Pharmaceutical companies are turning to CMOs to meet growing demand and address challenges.
• CMOs provide advanced facilities, technologies, and high containment capabilities for manufacturing.
• Outsourcing to CMOs allows pharmaceutical companies to focus on core strengths and benefit from specialized manufacturing expertise.
4. Market Segmentation:
• Contract pharmaceutical manufacturing services primarily focus on Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) and Finished Dosage Formulations (FDF).
Opportunities and Challenges:
• Increased outsourcing.
• High adoption of small molecule drugs across therapeutic areas.
• Patent expiration and the use of the 505(b)(2) pathway for small molecule drugs.
• Advanced technologies in API and FDF manufacturing.
• Rising R&D expenditures.
• Capacity and capability expansion in advanced Highly Potent APIs and Complex Molecules platforms.
• Pharmaceutical product contamination (API and FDF).
• Pricing pressure.
• Need for highly skilled technicians.
• Increasing adoption of biologics in disease management.
• Stringent regulatory policies.
• Environmental concerns.
1. North America:
• Largest revenue contributor in 2023.
• Expected mid-single-digit CAGR growth from 2023 to 2030.
• Growth drivers include increasing pharma R&D expenditure, new drug developments, approvals of generics, and government support.
• Anticipated high single-digit CAGR growth from 2023 to 2030.
• Key drivers include increasing production of generic pharmaceuticals, extensive manufacturing facilities, and government investments.
• India plays a significant role with over 3,000 pharmaceutical companies and more than 10,500 manufacturing facilities.
Overview, Financials, Product Portfolio, Key Developments, Business Strategy, SWOT Analysis:
• Abbvie Inc.
• Asymchem Laboratories (Tianjin) Co. Ltd
• Cambrex Corporation
• Delpharm – Delriv
• Lonza Group Ltd
• Porton Pharma Solutions Ltd
• Recipharm Ab
• Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc
• Wuxi Apptec Co. Ltd.
Key Elements of Major Companies Analysis
• Financial overview.
• Product portfolio analysis.
• Key developments in the industry.
• Business strategy evaluation.
• SWOT analysis.
The “Global Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing Market – Forecast to 2030” report offers a thorough examination of the pharmaceutical contract manufacturing landscape, providing valuable insights for industry stakeholders, investors, and decision-makers. The analysis encompasses market growth factors, opportunities, challenges, regional dynamics, and detailed profiles of major market players.