Arthryl Go Sachets is a Non-steroidal anti-rheumatic medication containing the following active Ingredients: Crystalline Glucosamine Sulfate 1884 mg (equivalent to glucosamine sulfate 1500 mg, sodium chloride 384 mg). Arthryl Go is indicated for the relief of symptoms in mild to moderate osteoarthritis of the knee. Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis, affecting millions of people worldwide. It occurs when the protective cartilage that cushions the ends of the bones wears down over time.
Although osteoarthritis can damage any joint, the disorder most commonly affects joints in your hands, knees, hips and spine.
How to use Arthryl Go Sachets
This medicine is intended for use only after complete dissolution of the powder in a glass of water. Do not take the powder before it is dissolved in a glass of water.
The standard dosage and instructions for use are:
Dissolve the content of one sachet in a glass of water and drink immediately after preparation, once daily, preferably with a meal.
Do not exceed the recommended dose.
Relief of symptoms (especially pain relief) may be experienced only after a few weeks. This medicine is not intended to treat acute pain symptoms.
If no relief of symptoms is experienced after a treatment period of 2 to 3 months, continued treatment with Arthryl Go should be re-evaluated in consultation with the doctor.
Contact the doctor if the symptoms worsen or do not improve after 30 days.
Do not use Arthryl Go if you are sensitive (allergic) to the active ingredient (Glucosamine) or to any of the other ingredients this medicine contains.
Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Arthryl Go contains aspartame. Do not take this medicine if you suffer from phenylketonuria (a genetic metabolic disorder).
Do not use if you are sensitive ( allergic ) to seafood.
Arthryl Go contains sorbitol (sugar). If you are sensitive to sorbitol, inform the doctor before taking this medication.
This medicine is not intended for children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
The presence of another joint disease, which would require alternative treatment, should be excluded before beginning treatment with Arthryl Go.
Before the treatment with Arthryl Go, inform the doctor if:
• You suffer or have suffered in the past from diabetes.
• Closer monitoring of blood sugar levels and insulin intake (if relevant) may be required at the beginning of the treatment and periodically throughout its use.
• You suffer or have suffered in the past from asthma. When starting the treatment with the medicine, it is possible that there will be a worsening of the asthma symptoms.
• You suffer or have suffered in the past from impaired function of the liver or kidneys.
• You are on a low sodium diet (each sachet contains 151 mg sodium).
If you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines , including non-prescription medicines and nutrition supplements , please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Especially inform the doctor or pharmacist if you are taking the following medicines (it should be noted that the following list mentions the active ingredients of the medicines. If you are unsure whether you are using one of these medicines, please consult with your doctor or pharmacist):
• Medicines used to prevent blood clotting ( anticoagulants ) of the coumadin group – their effect on the blood coagulation may increase during treatment with Arthryl Go. When initiating or ending Arthryl Go therapy, closer monitoring of blood coagulation function
• may be required.
• Antibiotics of the tetracycline group – Arthryl Go may increase their absorption.
Use of this medicine may impair alertness and cause headaches, dizziness or vision disturbances. If you experience these effects – do not drive, operate machinery and perform any other activities that require alertness.
Please do not consider this information as an alternative to consulting your physician or pharmacist.
For further information on instructions for use, risks and side effects, please read the patient package insert and consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Read the patient package insert carefully before starting to take any medication.