Surgel patient lubricant is a gynecological lubricant used in gynecology, surgery and other required patient exams where lubrication is needed. A time proven preservative system that allows for re-use of an open container while insuring a contamination free experience.
Any vaginal examination or speculum examination can be quite uncomfortable for the patient, and embarrassing. As such, to minimize any level of discomfort, the procedure may involve the use of Surgel.
The tissue down there can be very delicate, for example at the vagina entrance. So you’d want to insert the speculum as gently as possible and the lubrication helps the speculum go in without causing any microtrauma to the tissue.
Surgel is a greaseless lubricant with a pleasant fragrance (lavender essential oil) that adheres tenaciously to medical instruments, appliances and gloves yet is water soluble making for quick easy clean-up. Fragranced with lavender essential oil, known to create a calming effect for the patients benefit.
What are the benefits of Surgel?
- Surgel is available in multiple sizes available with various application methods to best suit needs of user.
- Surgel is non-spermicidal – will not interfere with patients desire to conceive.
- Safe, non-staining and will not harm any appliances or surgical equipment.
- Large sizes available to economically refill smaller containers.
- Use to aid the insertion of medical devices such as hearing aids, colostomy bags, and other similar items.
- Use to offset vaginal dryness during intimacy.
- Water soluble making cleanup quick and simple.
What are the possible side effects of Surgel?
Commercial lubricants like Surgel are safe for most people.
However, as with any healthcare product, they present some risks, including:
- allergic reactions
- skin irritation
- yeast infections
- interfering with fertility
- drying up quickly, requiring frequent reapplication.
When a person has clinical vaginal dryness, artificial lubricants do not treat the underlying problem. They will not increase estrogen or revive thinning vaginal tissue. People may, therefore, find that these products do not fully resolve the issue.
For those who do not get relief from vaginal dryness when they use commercial lubricants, estrogen creams may be a good option. Some other strategies that may help improve lubrication include:
- remaining hydrated
- having sex only when aroused
- spending more time on foreplay
- masturbating before sex
- increasing the frequency of masturbation or sex.
Surgel price depends on the size you choose to buy, as the product is available in multiple sizes available with various application methods to best suit needs of user. The price of a gallon of Surgel patient lubricant is $37.50 while 8oz cost $5.69.