Hepatos: Ingredients, Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Reviews
What is Hepatos?
Hevert Hepatos Mariendiestel (Milk Thistle) Dragees is a herbal supplement used for the treatment of chronic inflammatory liver diseases. Your liver is a vital organ that performs hundreds of tasks related to metabolism, energy storage, and waste filtering. It helps you digest food, convert it to energy, and store the energy until you need it. It also helps filter toxic substances out of your bloodstream.
Studies have shown that chronic inflammation of the liver leads to the activation of hepatic stellate cells that undergo trans-differentiation to become myofibroblasts. Chronic inflammation of the liver is also associated with persistent liver damage and consecutive regeneration, potentially leading to fibrosis and cirrhosis and the development of Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) the most common type of primary liver cancer. Hepatocellular carcinoma occurs most often in people with chronic liver diseases, such as cirrhosis caused by hepatitis B or hepatitis C infection.
What are the ingredients in Hevert Hepatos Mariendiestel (Milk Thistle) Dragees?
1 coated tablet contains:
• Dry extract of milk thistle fruits (26-45: 1) 123.0-208.3 mg
• corresponding to 83.3 mg silymarin (calculated as silibinin, HPLC)
• Extraction agent: ethyl acetate
Other ingredients: Cellulose, glucose, lactose, macrogol, magnesium stearate, corn starch, montan glycol wax, sodium carboxymethyl starch, sodium dodecyl sulfate, polysorbate, povidone, castor oil, sucrose, shellac, silicon dioxide, talc, titanium dioxide E 171, iron oxides, and hydroxides E 172, purified water.
How Hepatos works
The most important tasks of the liver include breaking down and detoxifying alcohol and other harmful substances from food, environmental toxins, and pharmaceuticals, and excreting metabolic products that the body no longer needs. It also takes on the production of bile, blood coagulation factors, and the provision of energy reserves. If something is “wrong” with the liver, we feel weak and weak. In addition, there are often digestive problems. Especially if you have an aversion to fat, if you have frequent nausea, gas or pressure, and pain in the right upper abdomen, you should think of the liver. There are many causes of liver disease. Hepatitis viruses, alcohol abuse, certain medications, and high blood lipid levels damage the liver and can lead to impaired liver function.
Hepatos milk thistle dragees protect the liver from the progression of existing liver disease and support the regeneration of damaged cells. The herbal medicine also strengthens the liver’s natural function as a detoxification organ. It relieves pressure and pain in the upper abdomen. Since Hepatos milk thistle dragees are well tolerated, they can also be taken over a longer period of time.
The milk thistle is the most important medicinal plant for the treatment of liver diseases. The high-quality dry extract from the milk thistle fruits contained in Hepatos milk thistle fruit stabilizes the cell membrane of the liver cells and thus prevents toxins from entering the cells. In addition, the formation and regeneration of the liver cells is stimulated.
Hepatos milk thistle dragees are used to restore healthy liver function
How can Hepatos milk thistle dragees help you?
Hepatos milk thistle dragees stimulate the regeneration of liver cells and help restore healthy liver function. The impaired digestive, excretory, and detoxification functions of the liver are strengthened. Symptoms such as a feeling of pressure and pain in the upper abdomen, which are related to a liver disorder, are alleviated. Hepatos milk thistle dragees help to protect the liver from the progression of a disease caused by inflammation or liver toxins (alcohol).
The natural active ingredient in Hepatos milk thistle dragees. The medicinal properties of milk thistle (Silybum marianum) have long been known. The ripe fruits with the valuable active ingredient complex silymarin are harvested in late summer. The milk thistle fruit dry extract is then made from this, which contains silymarin in concentrated form. The milk thistle is the most important medicinal plant available to us for liver diseases. As a modern extract preparation, it mainly improves inflammatory liver diseases (hepatitis), which have already reached a chronic stage. It also supports the treatment of cirrhosis of the liver, the advanced stage of liver damage. This can occur as a result of persistent liver inflammation or from substances that are toxic to the liver (e.g. alcohol).
How should I take Hepatos milk thistle dragees?
The recommended dose of Hepatos milk thistle dragees for adults and children older than 12 years is 1 tablet taken 3-4 times a day after meals.
Follow all directions on the product label and package. Tell each of your healthcare providers about all your medical conditions, allergies, and all medicines you use.
Before taking this medicine
You should not use this product if you are allergic to milk thistle or if you have:
• past or present cancer of the breast, uterus, or ovary; or
• a history of endometriosis or uterine fibroids.
Ask a doctor, pharmacist, or other healthcare providers if it is safe for you to use this product if you have:
• an allergy to plants such as ragweed, chrysanthemums, marigolds, or daisies.
Before taking Hepatos milk thistle dragees, talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or health care professional if you have allergies (especially to plants), have any medical conditions, or if you take other medicines or other herbal/health supplements. Milk thistle may not be recommended in some situations.
It is not known whether Hepatos milk thistle dragees will harm an unborn baby. Do not use this product without medical advice if you are pregnant.
It is not known whether milk thistle passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this product without medical advice if you are breastfeeding a baby.
Do not give any herbal/health supplement to a child without medical advice
What are the possible side effects of Hepatos milk thistle dragees?
Side effects of Hepatos milk thistle dragees:
• Abdominal bloating/pain
• Allergic reactions
• Loss of appetite
• Severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis)
This document does not contain all possible side effects and others may occur. Check with your physician for additional information about side effects.
What drugs can interact with or affect how Hepatos milk thistle dragees work?
Hepatos milk thistle dragees can interact with the following:
• Cytochrome P450 2C9 (CYP2C9) substrates. Taking Hepatos milk thistle dragees might affect this enzyme and drugs it processes, such as diazepam (Valium), warfarin (Jantoven), and others. This means Hepatos milk thistle dragees might affect the levels of these drugs in your body.
• Diabetes medications. Hepatos milk thistle dragees might lower blood sugar in people who have type 2 diabetes. Closely monitor your blood sugar levels, and talk to your doctor before taking milk thistle supplements if you take diabetes medications.
• Raloxifene (Evista). Hepatos milk thistle dragees may affect how your liver processes this osteoporosis medication, causing higher levels of the drug in your bloodstream. Talk to your doctor before taking Hepatos milk thistle dragees if you’re taking raloxifene.
• Simeprevir. Taking Hepatos milk thistle dragees with this hepatitis C medication might increase levels of the drug in your blood plasma. Avoid using Hepatos milk thistle dragees and simeprevir together.
• Sirolimus (Rapamune). Taking Hepatos milk thistle dragees with this immunosuppressant might change the way your body processes the medication.
What else can you do to improve your liver health?
The daily intake of Hepatos milk thistle dragees is an effective and well-tolerated therapy for liver diseases and disorders associated with liver function disorders. With regular use, you have taken an important step for your health. The following measures can help you:
- Do not eat large meals. It is better to eat several small servings throughout the day. Take the time to eat in peace – careful chewing makes digestion a lot easier for your body.
- If possible, avoid all foods that can irritate your digestive organs. These include carbonated drinks, too much meat, and spicy, fried, or fatty foods. In any case, you should avoid alcoholic beverages of any kind.
- A warm, moist liver wrap improves liver function and thus also the detoxification performance. Place a warm, damp towel on the liver area and put a hot water bottle over it. After 10 minutes you can remove both and apply a dry, warm cloth.