The oval yellow pill with imprint T20 has been identified as Tadalafil 20 mg supplied by Ajanta Pharma USA Inc.
|Pack Size: 30s||NDC#: 27241-114-03|
|Pack Size: 500s||NDC#: 27241-114-05|
The yellow T-20 Pill is used in the treatment of the following conditions:
1. Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH): Tadalafil 20 mg is employed in the treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, a condition characterized by the enlargement of the prostate gland. By inhibiting certain enzymes and promoting smooth muscle relaxation, the medication helps alleviate symptoms associated with BPH, such as difficulty in urination.
2. Erectile Dysfunction (ED): Yellow T 20 Pill is widely known for its effectiveness in treating Erectile Dysfunction. It belongs to the class of impotence agents and functions by enhancing blood flow to the penile region, facilitating the achievement and maintenance of an erection during sexual stimulation.
3. Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH): As part of the drug class known as agents for pulmonary hypertension, Tadalafil 20 mg is utilized in the management of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. By relaxing the blood vessels in the lungs, it helps reduce the workload on the heart and improve exercise capacity in individuals with PAH.
It is crucial to follow the prescribed dosage and administration guidelines provided by healthcare professionals. The standard recommended dose for T 20 Pill in the treatment of Erectile Dysfunction is 10 to 20 mg, taken orally, as needed, before anticipated sexual activity. For the management of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, a daily dose of 5 mg is typically recommended. Patients with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension may be advised varying doses based on individual health conditions.
It is imperative to note that exceeding the recommended dosage can lead to adverse effects and complications. Always consult with a healthcare provider before adjusting the dosage.
Like any medication, the yellow T 20 pill may be associated with certain side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
• indigestion or heartburn
• pain in the stomach, back, muscles, arms, or legs
Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of these symptoms, call your doctor immediately or get emergency medical treatment:
• sudden decrease or loss of vision
• blurred vision
• changes in color vision (seeing a blue tinge on objects or having difficulty telling the difference between blue and green)
• sudden decrease or loss of hearing
• ringing in ears
• erection that lasts longer than 4 hours
• chest pain
• difficulty breathing or swallowing
• swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, eyes, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs
• blistering or peeling of skin
Some patients experienced a sudden loss of some or all of their vision after they took the yellow T 20 pill or other medications that are similar to tadalafil. The vision loss was permanent in some cases. It is not known if the vision loss was caused by the medication. If you experience a sudden loss of vision while you are taking the yellow T 20 pill, call your doctor immediately or get emergency medical treatment. Do not take any more doses of the yellow T 20 pill or similar medications such as sildenafil (Revatio, Viagra) or vardenafil (Levitra) until you talk to your doctor.
Some patients experienced a sudden decrease or loss of hearing after they took yellow T 20 pill or other medications that are similar to tadalafil. The hearing loss usually involved only one ear and did not always improve when the medication was stopped. It is not known if the hearing loss was caused by the medication. If you experience a sudden loss of hearing, sometimes with ringing in the ears or dizziness, while you are taking yellow T 20 pill, call your doctor immediately. Do not take any more doses of yellow T 20 pill or similar medications such as sildenafil (Revatio, Viagra) or vardenafil (Levitra) until you talk to your doctor.
The yellow T 20 pill may cause other side effects. Call your doctor if you have any unusual problems while taking this medication
If you experience a serious side effect, you or your doctor may send a report to the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program online or by phone (1-800-332-1088).
The Yellow T 20 Pill oral tablets can potentially interact with other medications, vitamins, or herbs you may currently be using. An interaction occurs when a substance alters the way the medication functions, potentially leading to harm or hindering its efficacy.
To minimize the risk of interactions, it is crucial for your doctor to carefully manage all your medications. Make sure to inform your doctor about all the medications, vitamins, or herbs you are taking. For a comprehensive understanding of how the Yellow T 20 Pill might interact with other substances, consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
Below are examples of medications that may interact with Yellow T 20 Pill:
1. Angina drugs (nitrates): Combining Yellow T 20 Pill with nitrates could result in a sudden and dangerous drop in blood pressure. This may induce dizziness or fainting. Examples of nitrates include nitroglycerin, isosorbide dinitrate, isosorbide mononitrate, amyl nitrite, and butyl nitrite.
2. High blood pressure or prostate drugs (alpha-blockers): Taking Yellow T 20 Pill with certain alpha-blockers may lead to a sudden and unsafe decrease in blood pressure, causing dizziness or fainting. Examples of these drugs include terazosin, tamsulosin, doxazosin, prazosin, and alfuzosin.
3. Certain HIV drugs: Yellow T 20 Pill, when taken with specific HIV drugs like ritonavir and lopinavir/ritonavir, may increase Tadalafil levels in your blood, potentially resulting in low blood pressure, dizziness, fainting, vision problems, and priapism in men.
4. Oral antifungal drugs: Certain antifungal medications, when combined with Yellow T 20 Pill, may elevate Tadalafil levels in your blood, leading to low blood pressure, dizziness, fainting, vision problems, and, in men, priapism. Examples include ketoconazole and itraconazole.
5. Antibiotics: Taking specific antibiotics with Yellow T 20 Pill may either raise or lower the level of Tadalafil in your blood. This can result in low blood pressure, dizziness, fainting, vision problems, and, in men, priapism. Examples include clarithromycin, erythromycin, telithromycin, and rifampin.
6. Other erectile dysfunction (ED) drugs: Yellow T 20 Pill and other ED drugs like sildenafil and vardenafil, when taken together, may increase the risk of side effects.
7. Other pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) drugs: Combining Yellow T 20 Pill with other types of PAH drugs may lead to a sudden and dangerous drop in blood pressure. The drug riociguat falls into this drug class.
8. Stomach acid drugs: Taking stomach acid medications with Yellow T 20 Pill may interfere with the absorption of Tadalafil. An example of such a drug is magnesium hydroxide/aluminum hydroxide.
9. Epilepsy drugs: Certain anti-seizure drugs, when taken with Yellow T 20 Pill, may lower Tadalafil levels in your blood, potentially impacting its effectiveness. Examples include carbamazepine, phenytoin, and phenobarbital.
It is crucial to communicate openly with your healthcare provider to ensure the safe and effective use of the Yellow T 20 Pill, considering potential interactions with other medications.
Review and User Experiences
User reviews play a significant role in providing insights into the real-world experiences of individuals using the Yellow T 20 Pill. While experiences may vary, many users report positive outcomes in terms of improved erectile function and symptomatic relief in conditions like BPH and PAH. However, it is essential to acknowledge that individual responses to medications differ, and consulting with a healthcare professional is crucial for personalized guidance.