The white rectangle shaped pill with the imprint Y 2 1 has been identified as a brand of Alprazolam 2 mg supplied by Aurobindo Pharma Limited. Alprazolam, sold under the brand name Xanax, among others, is a short-acting tranquilizer of the triazolobenzodiazepine class, which are benzodiazepines fused with a triazole ring. It is most commonly used in short-term management of anxiety disorders, specifically panic disorder or generalized anxiety disorder.
Y 2 1 pill belongs to a class of medications called benzodiazepines which act on the brain and nerves (central nervous system) to produce a calming effect. It works by enhancing the effects of a certain natural chemical in the body (GABA). Y 2 1 pill is classified as a Schedule 4 controlled substance under the Controlled Substance Act (CSA).
You Can Find Very Useful Information On: How to Spot Fake 2mg R039 Xanax Bars
What are the side effects of Y 2 1 pill?
Y 2 1 pill can cause mild or serious side effects. The following list contains some of the key side effects that may occur while taking alprazolam.
This list does not include all possible side effects.
For more information on the possible side effects of alprazolam, or for tips on how to deal with a troubling side effect, talk with your doctor or pharmacist.
More common side effects
The more common side effects of alprazolam oral tablets can include:
- dizziness or lightheadedness
- blurred vision
- memory problems
- trouble concentrating
- sleep problems
- muscle weakness or lack of coordination
- upset stomach
- nausea or vomiting
- increased sweating
- dry mouth
- stuffy nose
- weight loss or gain
- increased or decreased appetite
- loss of interest in sex
If these effects are mild, they may go away within a few days or a couple of weeks. If they’re more severe or don’t go away, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Serious side effects
Call your doctor right away if you have serious side effects. Call 911 if your symptoms feel life threatening or you think you’re having a medical emergency. Serious side effects and their symptoms can include the following:
Mental health issues. Symptoms can include:
- depressed mood
- thoughts of suicide
- hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that aren’t real)
Movement problems. Symptoms can include:
- uncontrolled muscle movements
- Heart problems. Symptoms can include:
- chest pain
- abnormal heartbeat
Liver problems. Symptoms can include:
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or the whites of the eyes)
- Urinating less than usual or not at all
Y 2 1 pill Safety Information
- Y 2 1 pill can slow or stop your breathing, especially if you have recently used an opioid medication, alcohol, or other drugs that can slow your breathing.
- You should not use Y 2 1 pill if you have narrow-angle glaucoma, if you also take itraconazole or ketoconazole, or if you are allergic to Y 2 1 pill or similar medicines (Valium, Ativan, Tranxene, and others).
- Do not use Y 2 1 pill if you are pregnant. This medicine can cause birth defects or life-threatening withdrawal symptoms in a newborn.
- Y 2 1 pill may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person for whom it was prescribed. Keep the medication in a secure place where others cannot get to it. Misuse can cause addiction, overdose, or death.
- Fatal side effects can occur if you take Y 2 1 pill with alcohol, opioid medicine, or other drugs that cause drowsiness or slow your breathing.