How To Spot Fake Adderall b974
The elliptical / oval orange pill with the imprint b 974 3 0 has been identified as a generic version of Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine 30 mg supplied by Teva Pharmaceuticals USA. For people diagnosed with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), Adderall b 974 3 0 pill helps to improve concentration and focus. As a central nervous system stimulant it can also have the very same effects on people without ADHD.
The fake pills labeled as Adderall 30 mg tablets, do not contain the same ingredients as real Adderall. Instead they contain tramadol, a narcotic-like pain reliever, and acetaminophen.
Makers of this drug sometimes experience supply issues leading to shortages which is often times exploited by fraudsters who make fake versions of this product and circulate. Makers of generic Adderall, sold as mixed amphetamine salts also have trouble making enough product to meet demand. The shortages often affect extended-release and immediate-release versions of the drugs.
How to Spot Fake b974 Adderall
In their latest report on fake online pharmacies that ply their trade in the United States, the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP) found more than 1,500 new websites that it considers “Not Recommended” and of these, 31% are offering illicit prescription drugs. Studies have shown that poor quality medicines represent a global threat to the public health that can result in treatment ineffectiveness, drug resistance, increased morbidity and mortality rate, economic loss and problems to the healthcare system.
As a consumer, you may not have access to most of the test equipment used by regulatory bodies to verify the identity of a drug product. The following tips will serve as a guide to purchasing genuine b974 Adderall pills and help you avoid fakes;
Visual inspection as stated by the World Health Organization (WHO) still remains the first step in identifying potential fake drug irrespective of the analytical methods used. This is because such observation serves as a lead to identifying fake products even in the absence of the knowledge of the physical characteristics of a genuine drug product. You are expected to examine carefully both the package and its content before purchase or use.
Visual inspection of the Package
- Examine the package and check if it appears suspicious or different from what you previously know.
- Check if the security seal has been tampered with by looking for breaks or tears in the sealing tape and seals.
- Look for unusual fonts, font sizes, print colour, and spelling errors.
- Check the legibility of the information on both the primary and secondary packages.
- Check if the batch number, expiry date and manufacturer’s address on the secondary package are the same with that on the primary package.
- Check if the manufacturer’s address is traceable, that is, if it contains the exact location of the company and not just the country address.
- Check if the registration number (FDA number as the case is for products marketed or sold in United States) is properly printed or if it appears to be tampered with.
Visual inspection of the Dosage form
At this stage, you are meant to Check for differences in the physical appearance (colour uniformity, size, shape, consistency etc.) of the drug. As stated by WHO, commonly encountered physical defects that should be looked out for in tablets include:
- Excessive powder and/or pieces of tablets at the bottom of the container (from abraded, crushed or broken tablets).
- Cracks or chips in the tablets, swelling, mottling, discolouration, fusion of tablets.
- Appearance of crystal on the walls of the container or on the tablet.
- Hardening or softening, cracking, swelling, mottling or discolouration of capsule shell should also be looked out for.
The source of the drug also determines if you are buying a fake b974 Adderall pills or not. Buying foreign Adderall exposes you to a lot of risk. Filling your prescription in a reputable pharmacy greatly reduces your chances of buying fake drugs while buying from illiterate and unqualified vendors who hawk drugs in buses, motor parks and in the streets increases your chances of buying fake drugs.
This is another way of identifying fake b974 Adderall. If the price is far cheaper than what is expected, then you have to think twice. However, this may not always be true especially for some products (fake innovator/generic brands) which may be sold at the same price as the genuine one.
Unexpected side effect
Counterfeit b974 Adderall most of the time contains substances other than the appropriate Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API). They may contain incorrect substances, improper dosage or hazardous substances like Fentanyl which produce unusual side effects, worsening medical condition after taking it. The medication should be stopped once any of the above is noticed.
According to the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, consumers who purchase medications online should avoid the following: sites that are located outside of the U.S. that do not indicate any physical address; sites that do not have a license by the relevant State Boards of Pharmacy; sites without a licensed pharmacist to answer questions; and websites that do not require a prescription.
Consumers who wish to purchase drugs over the Internet should look for websites that have the Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Sites seal. These sites, which are created by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy, are licensed pharmacies selling FDA-approved medications to discourage the sale of counterfeit drugs from illegitimate online sources
If you have purchased the counterfeit b974Adderall, do not take it or give it to your child. Call the FDA’s Office of Criminal Investigations at 800-551-3989 or go to https://www.fda.gov/OCI.