How Long Does Figral 100 mg Last?
Figral is a brand of sildenafil containing 100 mg of the active ingredient. It is used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED). Figral 100 belongs to a class of drugs called phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitors. (A class of drugs is a group of medications that act in a similar way.) Figral 100 works by increasing blood flow to your penis, which helps you have and keep an erection. But this drug only works if you’re sexually aroused.
Figral 100 comes as tablets that are taken by mouth. In most cases, it should be taken about an hour before sexual activity, but it can be taken 30 minutes to 4 hours beforehand.
Many factors can influence how long Figral 100 takes to start working. In general, Figral 100 takes about 30 minutes to produce noticeable effects. But your diet, your overall health, the medications you’re taking, underlying conditions, and much more, can all affect the amount of time Figral 100 takes to work in your body and how long it lasts.
How does it work?
An erection happens when nerves in your penis are stimulated. As a result, muscles around two cylinder-shaped chambers of spongy material along your penis, known as the corpus cavernosa, relax and allow blood to flow in, causing an erection. With ED, your nerves don’t communicate properly with your brain and blood doesn’t flow properly into the corpus cavernosa. Taking Figral 100 relaxes the walls of your blood vessels and allow blood flow more easily into the parts of your penis that cause an erection.
How long does it take to start working?
Figral 100 normally starts working 30 to 60 minutes after you take it in oral tablet form. It may take up to 2 hours to work.
Figral 100 doesn’t work on its own. You’ll still need to feel sexually aroused to get an erection. Feeling relaxed and comfortable can also help Figral 100 take effect sooner.
How long does it last?
On average, Figral 100 usually lasts between 2 and 3 hours before its effects start to diminish. Figral 100 can last up to 5 hours or longer depending on your dosage, your body’s metabolism, and other external factors.
Depending on how your body metabolizes it, you may be able to get an erection several times with Figral 100 in your body. Figral 100 probably won’t make you last longer in bed, though. No research has proven definitively that Figral 100 can increase how long you can have sex.
Figral 100 may not work again immediately after you’ve had sex. Normally, you can’t get another erection right after ejaculating because your body isn’t physically prepared for it. This is known as the refractory period. It may only last a few minutes, but it can last as long as a few hours or days. However, a 2000 study found that Figral 100 may decrease this recovery time.
Can any factors determine how long Figral 100 lasts?
Several important factors can influence how long Figral 100 lasts for you:
- Dosage. The amount of Figral 100 you take affects how long it stays in your system. The smallest available dose, 25 milligrams (mg), won’t last as long as the largest available dose, 100 mg. But taking a higher dose isn’t always recommended, as it may not be safe for you.
- Age. As you get older, your metabolism slows down. So Figral 100 may last longer as you age. In general, you may notice Figral 100 works for a longer period when you’re 65 or older.
- Diet and lifestyle. Eating a large meal or a lot of high-fat foods right before you take Figral 100 can keep it from being metabolized quickly or effectively. But this can also make it last longer as it’s metabolized along with your meal. Drinking alcohol or smoking can also decrease blood flow to your penis, making Figral 100 less effective or shorter-lasting.
- Medications. Some medications, especially antibiotics such as erythromycin (Ery-Tab), clarithromycin (Biaxin), and ciprofloxacin (Cipro), can interact with Figral 100 and affect how long it lasts.
- Overall health. Certain existing conditions can affect how long Figral 100 lasts and how well it works for you. Diabetes, nervous system conditions like multiple sclerosis (MS), and heart conditions like atherosclerosis (fat buildup in your blood vessels) can all make Figral 100 less effective and not last as long. Some kidney conditions may make Figral 100 last longer because of the condition’s effect on your metabolism.
- Psychological state. Feeling anxious, nervous, depressed, or stressed can all influence how your body responds to sexual stimulation. If you’re not relaxed or comfortable during sex, or if you have performance anxiety because of past sexual experiences, Figral 100 may not last long or be fully effective.
How long does it take to leave my system?
Figral 100 usually leaves your system after 2 to 3 hours. Depending on your metabolism, Figral 100 can take 5 to 6 hours to fully leave your system.
A higher dosage will take longer to leave your body. A 25-mg dose may wear off after a couple of hours, but a 100-mg dose may take nearly four times as long to leave your system.
Is there anything I should be concerned about?
Figral 100 often lasts for a few hours. You won’t normally have an erection the entire time, as Figral 100 is only used to help increase blood flow. If you don’t think Figral 100 is working fast enough, try masturbation or foreplay to help stimulate arousal.
If Figral 100 doesn’t work after 30 minutes, don’t take any more than the daily dose that your doctor prescribed. Never take more than 100 mg of Figral 100 in a 24-hour period.
Taking too much Figral 100 can cause priapism, a painful erection that lasts longer than 4 hours. This can damage penis tissue because blood stored in the penis isn’t receiving any oxygen. Get emergency treatment right away if this happens.
When to see your doctor
Talk to your doctor before you take Figral 100 or any related medication for ED. It’s important to take a safe dose and work out a clear understanding of how much you should take in a 24-hour period.
Some medications for heart conditions, such as nitroglycerin and other nitrates, can interact dangerously with Figral 100 and cause your blood pressure to drop too low.
If Figral 100 isn’t working or isn’t safe for you, talk to your doctor about other possible treatments for ED, such as:
• penis pumps
• penile implants
• therapy for anxiety, depression, or other similar conditions
What are the other side effects of Figral 100 tablets?
Figral 100 can cause mild or serious side effects. The following lists contain some of the key side effects that may occur while taking Figral 100. These lists don’t include all possible side effects.
For more information on the possible side effects of Figral 100, talk with your doctor or pharmacist. They can give you tips on how to deal with any side effects that may be bothersome.
Common effects of Figral 100 can include:
• mild and temporary vision changes, such as a blue tinge in your vision, blurred vision, and sensitivity to light
• nasal congestion (stuffy nose)
• back pain
• muscle pain